Start a new topic

Stature of Limitation

When a debt collection suit is filed in Texas and is nonsuited without prejudice. What is the stature of limitations to re-file?

Also, if they re-file in texas in a different county, does it make a difference?

1 Comment

We appreciate you reaching out. You can check out our blog articles:

If you have any further questions, then it will be best to direct them to the court listed on your Summons and Complaint document and ask them. You can also ask them what documents would you need if you a debt lawsuit case. If you need an initial answer document, then you can make use of our services below:


Answer to a Complaint and Summons — When you’re sued for a debt, you receive a Complaint and Summons, also called a Petition or Warrant for Debt. To respond, you need to file an Answer document within the deadline. You can create an Answer on our site. When you’re done we’ll have an attorney review it, and get it filed for you. Many debt collectors will simply drop the case after receiving our response. And it costs only a fraction of the price of a traditional attorney.

You need the Summons and Complaint documents to complete your Answer. You can choose either our Free, Standard, or Premium packages.

Free: you can create your document for free on our site. You just answer the questions and we'll complete your Answer. However, you need to file it on your own and that's often the hardest part.

Standard: you can purchase the Standard package for $47. You can generate your document for free and then we'll file it for you. We send the Answer by USPS Certified 3-5 Day First-Class Mail to the court and to the opposing attorney. When available, we e-file it for speedier filing.

Premium: you can purchase the Premium package for only $197. You create your Answer for free, then we have an attorney review it and we file it for you. An attorney reviews your Answer and suggests needed changes. We file by USPS 2-3 Day Priority Mail and provide you with the tracking numbers. When available, we e-file it for speedier filing. Additionally, in certain states including CA, GA, PA, TX, IL, and AL we provide a free 15 minute phone consultation with an attorney. 

Get started here:

Motion to Compel Arbitration — this powerful document makes it easy to win your case. The Motion to Compel Arbitration is a document sent by someone being sued for debt to their debt collector. If your credit card or loan agreement includes an arbitration clause, our document is likely a great option for you. It uses the arbitration clause in your credit card agreement against the collector. This makes it more difficult and more expensive for the collector to come after you. Many debt collectors will simply give up after receiving our Motion to Compel Arbitration.

Get started here:

Debt Lawsuit Settlement Letter — this document will help resolve the lawsuit quickly. A Debt Lawsuit Settlement Letter is a powerful document that offers the collector an arrangement to settle the debt outside of court. While you may want to win the lawsuit and pay nothing, agreeing to close the case by paying the person less than the face value of the debt could be more realistic. Offering to settle is most effective when it is sent to the collector soon after filing a document in the lawsuit, like an Answer.

Get started here:

Debt Validation Letter — A Debt Validation Letter is a letter sent by a consumer to a debt collector. It asserts your rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). It requests the collector show proof you owe the debt, requires them to stop contacting you for any other reason, and demands they report the debt as disputed. Many debt collectors will simply give up after receiving a Debt Validation Letter.

Get started here:

We don't offer a mailing service for the MCA, DLSL, or DVL; so, you can use SoloSuit to create the documents but you'll need to send them on your own.  

SoloSuit isn't a law firm so we don't provide representation or legal advice. At this time, we do not help with interrogatories, admissions, hearings/trials, or mediation.

Login or Signup to post a comment