Reasons to file a Motion to Set Aside Judgement
Modified on: Fri, 23 Jul, 2021 at 11:35 AM
- Mistake, inadvertence, surprise, or excusable neglect of the defendant = the person being sued has a real reason they were unable to respond to the lawsuit
- Improper venue = the case was filed in the wrong court
- Lack of subject matter jurisdiction = the case was filed in a court that does not have proper authority to hear with the case
- Lack of personal jurisdiction = the case was filed in a court that does not have proper authority to make decisions regarding the case
- Insufficiency of process = the Summons and Complaint documents had technical errors
- Insufficiency of service of process = the Summons and Complaint were never properly served to the defendant
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.